Aoyama Mayu, also known to fans as Mayuhokki, was an applicant during Up Up Girls (2) auditions. Although she was unsuccessful, she aimed to join Up Up Girls (Kari) as a member. She is a youtuber, idol-in-training, radio DJ, and model.
Mayu was born in Hokkaido, Japan on August 5th of 1994. She is from a village of roughly 5,000 people. She has lived by herself since was 15-years-old. She was a cheerleader for Hokkaido's Nippon-Ham Fighters. She left in 2016.
She was given the nickname "Mayuhokki" during the auditions for UUG (2). The nickname was based on the region "Hokuto," from which she came, Hokkaido itself, and Hokuto's mascot "ずーしーほっきー (sushi hokki)".  Although she was unsuccessful during the auditions for UUG (2), she has been included in the 2017 and 2018 Yasokoi Festival as a part of Team UUG. As of August 2018 she is affiliated with YU-M Entertainment, the same company as Up Up Girls (K), (2), and (PW).
Her profile was officially created and made public on January 8th of 2019. She is listed in YU-M Entertainment's website as a talent. She uploaded her first video to her youtube account on December 31st of 2018.
Cheerz and MissID
In 2018, Mayu joined the MissID 2019 competition. MissID was created to find "new girls" that would be representative of a new era. On September 29th, it was announced Mayu had made it to the final round.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 "Aoyama Mayu" (Japanese). YU-M Entertainment Website. 2019-01-08.
- ↑ Twitter. 2018-08-03.
- ↑ "ファイターズ讃歌(青山麻由さん&木下真菜さん中心バージョン)" (Japanese). Youtube. 2016-04-21.
- ↑ "ずーしーほっきー画像データ集" (Japanese). City of Hokuto Official Website. 2018-08-22.
- ↑ Response to nickname meaning on Official Twitter. 2018-08-18.
- ↑ Instagram. 2018-06-11.
- ↑ "ミスiD2019" (Japanese). MissID 2019, Aoyama Mayu's Profile. 2018-08-22.
- ↑ "青山麻由 2018年の懺悔という名の自己紹介" (Japanese). Aoyama Mayu's Official Youtube. 2018-12-31.
- ↑ "Miss iDって？" (Japanese). MissiD Official Website. 2018-09-28.
- ↑ "復活戦ファイナル進出者発表" (Japanese). MissiD Official Website. 2018-09-29 (JST).